Inspired by an impromptu picnic on Friday The Chef made pulled pork for sammies … with NO crock pot! Here is what he did … Simple, Yummy and budget friendly of course …
- 2 to 3 pound Pork Butt (boned & trimmed)
- Minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of GOOD Soy Sauce
- About a tablespoon of Sriracha
- White Wine Vinegar
- Tomato Paste
- PreHeat oven to 325 f
- Mix all of the goodies above (Not the Pork) in a bowl
- Dot the Butt with a pairing knife and then massage all the goodness into the meat
- Create a base of heavy duty aluminum foil for the meat in a roasting pan … put in the meat and all of the goodness.
- Fold the foil like a little package, the French term for this is en papillote.
- Reduce the oven temp to 300 f; cook for 2 1/2 hours, open the foil pack and cook for about 1/2 an hour more.
- Then PULL!
We served ours with homemade Half Sour Fridge Pickles and Ommegang Abbey Ale.
Lovely way to spend our second Saturday … that’s what we call Sunday on a three day weekend … More posts from The Chef to come. The cooler it gets, the more he cooks. Lucky me! Lucky me!