I am getting ready for a Fall Sale!
Have you ever had a tag sale? No. Why? I bet that if you looked around there is some stuff you are not using … dishes, glasses, clothes, shoes, purses, toys. I’ll wait, go look … SEE!
Here are a few Dos & Don’ts to help you get started …
- Price Everything!
- Price everything TO SELL!
- Have change (quarters, and dollars especially!)
- Have plenty of newspaper, boxes and bags
- Advertise! (craigslist, local paper, local online paper, post about it on your Facebook Page, Tweet it, Instagram it)
- Hang nice, clear signs … signs that can be read from the car (check your local code, sometimes you are responsible for removing all the signs too!)
- Plan on a 1/2 Price Sunday Afternoon!
- Schedule a charity pick up for your leftovers.
- Take any of it personally. There will be a few bad apples …
- Try to sell anything that is broken ~ especially electronics! (have an outlet, or an extension cord accessible)
- HAVE FREE STUFF! A bowl of hard candies, or Hershey Kisses is OK, but no FREE TOYS!
- Advertise too early ~ a Saturday & Sunday sale should be advertised on Thursday & Friday … you don’t want to get pushed to the bottom of the list.
- Be unrealistic with your prices. If you saw something online or on TV that is NOT the tag sale price!!!
- Take anything back in! If you are willing to sell it, then you should definitely donate it!
There is nothing nicer, in my opinion, than sitting around on a Sunday night, drinking a cold beer and counting your money! Pick a weekend, give it a shot …