Details ~ 11 days, 2 full travel days, 1 adult (me), 2 kids
- Travel (drive)
- lake/hike/sight see/eat out
- Technology (IPods, ear buds, DvD player, chargers)
- Emergency Kid Stuff (Motrin, band aids, itchy cream, etc.)
From there make a packing list for each traveler, my 13 year old can do this all by herself now!
- Shorts x 3 (including what I am wearing)
- Tank Tops x 5
- T Shirts x 3 (including what I am wearing)
- Bras & Panties x 5 (including what I am wearing)
- Socks & Sneakers (I have been told we are hiking?!?!?!)
- Bathing Suit x 2
- Cover Up
- Birks, Flip Flops for the water & Toms for driving
- Minimal Make Up (don’t want to scare those poor Southerners)
- Face/Hair/Clean/Shave (again not wanting to frighten people)
- Meds, ADVIL
- Phone & Charger, Camera & Charger
- Books (like I will have time to read)
Next is the folding & fitting! Like I said yesterday, we all get 1 BAG, this bag. Little guy & I will share a bag, and I will use the other bag for our stuffs (the AND things) … still only 3 bags!
Tips to fit everything & staying organized on the move …
- Fold/Roll Combo ~ like they do in the Army (my Dad taught me)
- Space Saver Bags.. the roll up kind for your unmentionables. Not great for anything you don’t want wrinkled.
- Meds … take prescription bottles! Downsize other pills, I bought these lil bagsfor my vitamins, Advil, etc.
- Travel containers ~ try and rePurpose, if you can’t, I HIGHLY recommend GoToobs.
- Separate bags so you can grab what you need, and so others can grab what they need (i.e., kids & husbands)
It may seem NUTS, so what! I never stress once I am on the road, I know that I have the important things, and there is always a store. So there you go Monique …
~ Peace & Travel