So back in November we started talking about pantries … we’ve simplified, strategized, made lists, meal plans, shared recipes … now let’s make it pretty with out spending money on those amazingly, lovely Martha-y things …
- Unpack everything the second you get home and put it all on the counter. The organizer in me wants you to put like with like, but you don’t have to.
- Give the fridge the once over … check that all of your leftovers are still eatable, look in the jelly jars for fuzz, wipe up any stickiness … No new food in a dirty fridge!
- Check your dry goods for empty, or almost empty, boxes. Cereal boxes have a way of going back in the pantry no matter what … dust it out, make bird food from the stale crackers that no one likes anymore. OK now rotate! Full cereal boxes behind the 1/2 full, combine the 1/4 cup of O’s left with the new box, etc. Make snacks accessible to the small people in your life by removing the box tops … leaves the snacks identifiable but still segregated (very important o my lil’ guy).
- Rotate your stock and load up the fridge and freezer following the same idea. Less packaging, beers and Jell-O puddings out of their cardboard …
- Breakdown cardboard for recycling, pack up your reusable bags … you have them right … put them all by the door so it gets where it needs to be.
Someday, when I grow up, I want glass canisters, pretty baskets … until then
~ Pretty Pantry
Related THINGS …
- Pantry Lists & Shopping Strategies (simplifybysara.wordpress.com)
The Container Store … Stacking Baskets with Handles