Resources I used to start the SbS pantry…
- A Tuscan Kitchen, Pino Luongo
- allrecipes.com ~ How to Stock a Pantry
- foodonthetable.com ~ Sample Grocery List for a Well Stocked Pantry
- old shopping lists … keep them for a few weeks & see what is always there
There is an obvious lean toward Italiano in our appartamento … just Google “well stocked pantry” “pantry basics” and click away. There are as many resources for pantry lists as there are pantries. From this start your master list, use this list to take an inventory and make your shopping lists.
- DON’T TAKE YOUR KIDS … if you can help it
- Don’t go hungry and bring a water (and maybe an Advil)
- Shop in the mornings, or at other quiet times … make it a peaceful experience
- Stick to your lists!
- Keep an approximate running total
- Check out this article from Zenhabits.net ~ 50 Tips for Grocery Shopping it says all of this and way more … and this article from The Zero Waste Home ~ Auto Pilot … gives us all something to work towards