I woke up this morning thinking about my house, my home, and what a long winter she has had, and decided to help her (and me) feel better about herself.
As I tend to do with myself, I look way too closely. I see flaws first, and overlook the things that are beautiful. I read an article in February on Offbeat Home, Ditch the Magazine: Improving House Esteem, that struck a chord with me … I even commented that I have always been unable to find the words … House Esteem, House Affirmations, Home Love!
We (my house & I) are getting ready to “Come Out”, our season is starting and I want us to be at our best. Following the advice of OBH I have assessed her health, over all my apartment is healthy, a few signs of age, but that just adds character, right? She has definately been on a diet since the 2nd child came along … we have had a thorough shower (company today so even shaved!) and today we are having our Spring photo taken!
Here is our home, and why we love her ….
- The most amazing view from every window!
- The most wonderfully noisy and inappropriate downstairs neighbors … making it OK for our 12 & 5 year olds to jump and run around as much as they please! They dare not complain about our noise ….
- The Stuff! Everything here has a story … art made by my Father & Grandfather in-law, furniture given, and or acquired but rarely purchased, travel memories, found things turned into art …
- The neighborhood, the friends we and our children have made, nature all around and access to the greatest city in the world all with in steps from the front door.
- The loving, welcoming, comfortable, easy, amazing and blessed life we live here … Thank You!